This is a temporary and highly attention attracting sidebar topic, intended for people to write down the must have essentials of the wiki that we need to complete, before we go ahead and let more of the general public see the wiki.
Wiki will be prominent on the front of the website, maybe a mass email sent out, pinned in the FB group, maybe youtube video promoting it, who knows. How can the Wiki be expected to be promoted if it has no content? xP
We're crowdsourcing what we believe to be the essential articles and things that should be completed to an acceptable standard before going ahead and promoting the wiki down below. Please contribute to the ToDo list. Follow the syntax that already exists down below to add to the ToDo list, and be sure to sign off on your contributions with ~~~~. This will leave your wiki username signature, so people know who put what task where.
If something isn't crucial to get to an acceptable standard before publishing the wiki, don't put it on the list. The list is just for the most important things to get right :)
- Active Focus
- Bates Method
- Blur horizon
- Pseudomyopia -NottNott (talk) 15:06, 18 May 2020 (UTC)
- Frequently Asked Questions needs to be made as a priority.
Decapitalise the 'a' and the 'q' because it's calmer and looks less scammy.Actually I like capital letters now. Practically copy and paste the current FAQ into here, and expand on sections with funny images and stuff -NottNott (talk) 19:52, 18 May 2020 (UTC)
- Start your improvement guide
- How to reduce guide
- Main reason myopia progresses guide
- How to read a prescription guide
- Most articles should start with the term they are describing in bold. Which I haven't done. Oops, let's go back and sort that out (at some point) -NottNott (talk) 19:52, 18 May 2020 (UTC)
- Reflists, and referencing. I don't even think the wiki is configged to handle these yet. When the wiki is configured there will be extensions that will make this possible and easy. Main sources used will be the blog, and clinical studies. -NottNott (talk) 21:01, 18 May 2020 (UTC)
Policy & Meta
- Special:LonelyPages ideally would be empty. Sam.Watson (talk) 21:02, 18 May 2020 (UTC)
- Special:WantedPages should be minimized. This page will naturally grow as we add content, and is ripe grounds for contributors to pick something that needs researching or cross-linking. Dlskidmore (talk) 19:42, 18 May 2020 (UTC)
- We need LOADS of redirects. Redirects redirect one term (e.g 'Bates method') to another ('Bates Method'). To make a redirect, type
#REDIRECT ArticleNameas the ENTIRE article. -NottNott (talk) 19:57, 18 May 2020 (UTC)
- Gotta write those policies. -NottNott (talk) 21:34, 18 May 2020 (UTC)
See User:NottNott/ToDo ;)
Things we shouldn't do but I want to do
- Humour articles, like 'how much do you get paid to edit the wiki?'. We'll have a fake table with all of the rates for how much each edit costs and everything. Appropriately marked with a 'humour' notice at the top of the article that nobody can miss.