|This page is relevant for administrators.|
Are these pages relevant to you: No, you're not an admin.
|This page in a nutshell: |
Adminship (the mop) is handed out pretty liberally. People with vague trust generally get admin tools, this is to prevent any silly bureaucracy from setting in, to encourage editors, and to have fastest access to respond to issues that need the tools. This may change as the wiki grows and there's more of a need to be discerning.
The main reason there are a lot of admins is to block vandals really easily. This wiki has 16 lazy admins.
What admins are and aren't
Admins have a set of tools.
Admins don't have authority over other editors. They don't automatically win in content disputes, although adminship does reflect the opinions of a trusted member of the community - their arguments may have more weight than others through experience.
Admins found to be abusing the tools, or pretending to be wikigods when they don't will really quickly find themselves losing the mop, and the respect of their fellow EndMyopians
What admins can do
Administrators have the technical ability to perform the following actions:
- Block and unblock user accounts and IP addresses from editing
- Apply, modify, and remove page protection on a particular page to restrict or allow editing, moving, or creation
- Edit fully protected pages
- Delete pages
- View and restore deleted pages
- Restrict and restore public visibility of information in individual logs and page revisions.
- Override the title blacklist
- Move a page to any desired title
- Create edit notices
- Perform other special actions as listed at Special:ListGroupRights#sysop