The 20-20-20 rule is designed to be an easy to remember caution about doing too much near work and to give your eyes a break from eye strain regularly. This rule is supported by conventional optometry and is a start towards the EM method.
- Every 20 minutes
- Look at something 20 feet away (6 meters)
- For at least 20 Seconds
Endmyopia recommends even more breaks.
- Every 20 minutes, take a 5 minute break.
- Every 3 hours, take the longest break you can (half hour to hour) 
- Take your break outside. 
- As you develop Strain Awareness you can customize your break schedule to your needs.
- "American Optometric Association 20-20-20 rule poster" (PDF). American Optometric Association. 2020-05-30. Retrieved 2020-05-30.
- Nall, Rachel (2020-05-30). "20-20-20 rule: How to prevent eye strain". www.medicalnewstoday.com. Retrieved 2020-05-30.
- Steiner, Jake. "Eye Strain Awareness: Prevent Pseudo Myopia - Endmyopia". endmyopia.org. Retrieved 2020-06-01.
- How To Improve Your Eyesight: Just 5 Steps
- Must Read: Going Outside To Improve Your Eyesight